Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Going Home. Good or Not So Good?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Guest 's Avatar

    Going Home. Good or Not So Good?

    Been ask by a few to come back to a job i had years ago. Well that job or more.
    Not sure about it. Some times it can be good to go home and some times, going home may be good or not so good.
    I think some times people have a tendency to invite people back home to get things lined out. Then once that is done, thanks and now we will move on.
    Kind of makes you wonder about people and their motives at times.
    And my personality is i'll get the job done and by policy, just don't leave me hangin in the wind, and no i don't take a lot of crap, so back me or hmm.
    Way i was raised. Hard work and a challenge is good.
    But is it worth taking on to get things back on track and later, be told thanks but don't need ya no more.
    Pull me and my a** out of the fire but once im out. HMM?
    I know some of the younger one's want understand this post, but some of the older one's will.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member retiredteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    853
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Going Home. Good or Not So Good?

    If anyone is capable of setting things straight, then it would be you. Funny I had a talk with a very responsible person from Appy last night and my thoughts turned to you especially after what is going on in Pound now. I admire you for what you accomplish and what you stand for. By the way, I met your Mayor last week and she is a jewel. Think I would do a considerable amount of praying before I would leave Pound and return home.
    You can never rise above the image that you have of yourself in your own mind."

  3. #3
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Going Home. Good or Not So Good?

    I always like to help folks, but you had best be sure you don't leap from the frying pan into the fire. Retirement, sick leave, vacation....long list to look at. Then you need to wonder why no one from inside is getting the job done, is there really an opening that would be to your benefit, or is this a group no one can please anymore and they can't give the position away. Make sure you come out on top, ole pal, if you decide to go. Be aggressive , if you don't someone else will , it has always been that way for me. I don't like to push, but I'm not going to be pushed . [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Take care of the Dawg.

  4. #4
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Going Home. Good or Not So Good?

    I knew the two of you would understand. You know the politics of it all.
    Im just me. I want to see things get back on track. But at the same time i have to look out for myself.
    Im not in my pre adult years no more.
    You can care about any thing and be passionate about it.
    But yet you still have to do what is best for you.
    I usually try to think things through as clearly as i can before making any decision.
    And i always pray about things and see where i feel i need to be.
    As i always say im not the most religious. But i know prayer works.
    And i know common sense works. When it don't look right it may not be right. And if it is right then go with it.
    I know this is a weird post for some to understand. But maybe it will help some of the younger one's to understand you can talk about alot without going into a lot of details.
    Thanks guys. Spuds you've always been a good friend. And Mr. G. I couldn't ask for a person any better to talk to about any topic. Well rounded about life and it's up's and down's.
    I'll do what i always do. Be there no matter what. Whether it's doing the job or just there to lend a hand.

  5. #5
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Going Home. Good or Not So Good?

    [ QUOTE ]
    I know this is a weird post for some to understand

    [/ QUOTE ] Ha, I know this is my turf now. Read the other guy before the snap, you can see it in his eyes, is he gonna play all game or is he a "one quarter wonder"? Good Luck.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    1,087
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Going Home. Good or Not So Good?

    With all due respect, this place will NEVER be "back on track". Major changes would have to occur, not just within, but in the whole community. And that just won't happen around here. Eventually, it will crumble. Don't waist your time on something thats not possible to save.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson

  7. #7
    Inactive Member DukeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2004
    Posts
    75
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Going Home. Good or Not So Good?

    I wouldnt advise you to come "home", your dad didnt receive any thanks for all the years he devoted to the town and as a 15 year veteran myself I would have to advise you to say no.

  8. #8
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Going Home. Good or Not So Good?

    We been friends for a long time bro. I see a lot of potential problems if i did venture back.
    And i just dont' know if the backing is there to line things out as they should be. Even those currently in place. I see a few potential problems and lot of problems from those who are there.
    My one question is they want to do what is right, well three positions and leadership and you have that. But it seems they themselves don't want that, due to the power deal.
    You know me. I get the job done and i don't play the games or favorites.
    To me it is about the job.
    Right now. I think it's all about politics. And honestly i think a lot of the problems now is some who got their feelings hurt and decided to burn others.
    The others may of been wrong and were wrong. But the one's who burned them also, were they right?
    I think a lot of what has transpired was a result of hurt feelings.
    And to me i can't be involved in a struggle power for a town that seems to have no direction.
    Even when Bobby D was there he served at the will of what council wanted.
    I can't nor want do that. You know me. It's about the job and getting it done.
    If i can't do it without the politics and kiss A^^ i won't do it.
    That is just me.
    I want to see things restored.
    But as another poster said. Gonna take more than one or two. Gonna take a community effort.
    Right now the community is so divided i don't see that happen.
    I and others could get it done. But the damage has been done, on those who are now under review and those who wanted this to happen.
    Personally, i examine all aspects of everything. And i don't think they want my input. Even though i have voiced it here.
    There is to much childish behaviors going around, that i can't deal with.
    I out grew that a long time ago.
    Want the job done i will do that. Want to play games. Find someone else.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member budweiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2004
    Posts
    28
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Going Home. Good or Not So Good? *DELETED*

    Post deleted by budweiser

  10. #10
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Going Home. Good or Not So Good?

    I don't know who you are. But considering i was ask to take this job. I would reconsider what i said on here. And don't call me names you don't know. Im not Hank or Hank Jr. if anything your name says what you are all about.
    Say one more word to me and see how easy it is to end up in court for slander. Go for it. I'll even ask you to.
    Budweiser.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •